WINTER SALE - many prices reduced!
Click this messge to hide it.
Apex Summerhouse 48 - Shiplap, Double Door
- Free same day installation
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- Scandinavian redwood or whitewood
- All summerhouses are either pressure treated (lifetime preservative treatment) or treated by total immersion in a high quality based preservative
- Strong ex 2" planed framework (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved shiplap cladding (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Strong ex 2" floor joists
- Strong ex 2" planed roof purlins (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- Large glazed area with low level windows to each side of the doors
- All summerhouses include 2 front windows each with a top hinged opening fanlight window
- All summerhouses include a side window with a top hinged opening fanlight window
- Joinery windows glazed with 3mm horticultural glass and vertical timber beads with external silicone seal
- Fully glazed joinery double doors
- Black antique style door handles and hinges
- Mortice lock with handle and keys
- Front roof projection for summerhouses with no verandah is approximately 12" (300mm)
- Green mineral felted roof
- Internal eaves height at the lowest point inside 6'2" (1875mm)
- Eaves height 6'4" (1924mm)
- Eaves height 6'5" (1948mm) on 14' wide summerhouse
- Ridge height 8'0" or 2427mm (8' wide summerhouses)
- Ridge height 8'4" or 2535mm (10' wide summerhouses)
- Ridge height 9'0" or 2744mm (12' wide summerhouses)
- Ridge height 9'6" or 2895mm (14' wide summerhouses)
FREE SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our free in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality summerhouse. This is because any building which includes free installation is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your summerhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
SCANDINAVIAN REDWOOD OR WHITEWOOD: The most widely used timber in the UK for years, Scandinavian Redwood and Whitewood grow in the well managed forests of Scandinavia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than faster growing trees from warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a close grain pattern. The wood is seasoned and kiln dried to achieve the correct moisture content before it is machined. Redwood and Whitewood are so similar in appearance and performance that it is difficult to tell the difference. Both are classified as slightly durable and treatment is required for outside use. The forests of Scandinavia and Northern Europe have been responsibly managed on a sustainable basis for centuries so Scandinavian Redwood or Whitewood is an enviromentally friendly choice.
JOINERY DOORS AND WINDOWS: A feature of these quality summerhouses is the joinery doors and windows with morticed and tenoned joints throughout. These intricate joints are harder to pull apart and therefore stronger. The ends of the timber are also better protected and therefore more durable.
PLANED SHIPLAP CLADDING: These summerhouses feature smooth planed fully interlocking tongued and grooved shiplap wall cladding. This design ensures that rainwater drains faster and the timber dries quicker, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse. Our shiplap is fully tongued and grooved which is stronger than the half lap shiplap or rebated shiplap used by some others.
LOW LEVEL GLAZING: Low level glazing provides a panoramic view from inside your garden room so you can appreciate your garden fully. With low level glazing you can enjoy a better view of the garden, especially at sites where the garden slopes away.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. These sizes do not include the optional verandah. The first dimension listed is the width and the second dimension is the depth. The width refers to the angled gable walls at the front and rear including the door wall. The depth refers to the side walls. The sizes listed are external wall sizes. These sizes do not including the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Pressure treated timber (lifetime preservative treatment)
- 30" deep open front verandah with decking to floor and balustrade to each side (specification needs to match the building)
- Larger 48" deep enclosed verandah with decking to floor and balustrade to the sides and front (specification needs to match the building)
- Pressure treated 3" x 3" floor bearers (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Heavy duty floor with ex 3/4" thick tongued and grooved boards (15mm finished size after machining)
- Cedar slatted roof fitted on top of a felted solid pine inner roof
- Decorative green, red or brown mineral felt tiles
- Toughened glass
- Choice of side window position
- Additional side window with a top hinged opening fanlight window (window both sides)
- This summerhouse can be made in smaller sections if access is restricted
- A choice of composite decking kits
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced deep into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently bonded to the cell structure of the wood at a molecular level. Tanalith E is a widely used water based version so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
FLOOR BEARERS: Bearers are substantial pressure treated beams under the floor, which will prolong the life of your summerhouse. The bearers are the only part of the summerhouse which is in contact with the ground and they are pressure treated for longer life. The bearers also raise the floor above the ground. This allows air to circulate under the floor to reduce dampness and also reduces saturation of the lower cladding boards.
HEAVY DUTY FLOOR: The standard floor is stronger than most summerhouse floors and suitable for normal use. It features 12mm thick tongued and grooved boards with 2" thick floor joists spaced close together for improved strength. The heavy duty floor features the same bearer size and spacing but with 15mm thick tongued and grooved boards, which is exceptionally strong and suitable for storing heavier items.
CEDAR SLATTED ROOF: This attractive and durable cedar slatted roof is fitted on top of a felted solid pine inner roof. Cedar slatted roofs are manufactured using smooth planed Western Red cedar boards. The planed smooth finish ensures that rainwater drains away faster and the timber dries quickly, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse.
DECORATIVE FELT TILES: Mineral coated bitumen felt tiles are an attractive and durable roofing material which is far more hardwearing than standard roofing felt. Traditionally used for small buildings only in the UK, felt tiles are used much more in Scandinavia and North America where they are used widely in general housebuilding. The sophisticated design features a strip of almost dry bitumen adhesive. Over time each tile sticks to the tile below for improved waterproofing and windproofing. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture. Mineral felt tiles are made using asphalt with a bitumen binder and an external covering of durable and attractive natural stone chips. Mineral felt tiles are often described as felt shingles because the design resembles traditional cedar shingles.
WPC COMPOSITE DECKING KITS: This superb quality WPC wood plastic composite decking closely resembles real wood, with the same look and feel. However, it is virtually maintenance free and it will never rot. At a glance it is difficult to tell the difference between this composite material and real timber decking with a stained finish. Furthermore, the similarities are not skin deep like a thin veneer. The realistic finish has a fibrous surface which looks similar to the grain of real wood. This synthetic composite is also heavier and stronger than real wood. The strength, durability and lack of maintenance make this superb decking a popular choice with pensioners and discerning commercial buyers such as care homes. Occasional cleaning with soapy water normally restores the original appearance. If any dirt or stains become ingrained after prolonged neglect even the most stubborn marks can be cleaned with a pressure washer.
Our WPC composite decking is a revolutionary material which provides all the benefits of real wood without the maintenance. It can be left outside uncovered all year round. Unlike real wood this synthetic wood is a weatherproof material with no knots, splinters, machining marks or other imperfections. It will never develop splits or shakes and no sap will ever ooze out of it. Our wood plastic composite is an equal mixture of real wood and recycled plastic. Even the wood is a mixture of sawdust and unusable offcuts, so it is the ultimate environmentally friendly alternative to wood. The colour pigments are mixed in before the powdered composite is moulded into shape, so the colour runs all the way through the finished product. The boards are completely impervious to water. The boards can be sawn, drilled and screwed, just like real wood. You can fix it with standard woodscrews. Being heavier and denser than real wood, screw fixings are actually stronger in composite boards.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these summerhouses is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your summerhouse can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is a charge for this option and notice is required with the order. For more details see "Other options".
DELIVERY UPDATE: This item is currently available within the estimated delivery times below, with no delays. Our delivery times are slower than normal due to unprecedented demand.
- Delivery is normally between 2 and 3 weeks after order for unpainted summerhouses.
- Delivery is normally between 2 and 3 weeks after order for painted finish summerhouses.
- Our summerhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These summerhouses are normally delivered by the fitters in dedicated vehicles. This ensures less damage and no delay between delivery and fitting. Most cheaper summerhouses are delivered by national carriers who normally deliver to the kerbside only and cause more damage. Their prices are based on weight and panel sizes. As a result, summerhouses delivered by outside carriers are made in small and flimsy lightweight sections with less wood. The benefits of our specialist delivery service include less damage, larger more rigid panels and heavier construction.
- All summerhouse prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this summerhouse by phone or online.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Debit and MasterCard Debit. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
- All prices include FREE INSTALLATION by specialist trained staff.
- Your summerhouse will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you.
FREE INSTALLATION: This summerhouse includes free installation. Because of this it is better made than other summerhouses. Everything possible is done to speed up installation and minimize problems on site. The result is better quality summerhouses which are fitted quickly with few complications. Features of these summerhouses include careful construction with high quality components and fewer problems.