Side Door Apex Log Cabin 665 - Double Glazed
These premium quality log cabins feature double glazing and decorative felt tiles as standard. The price includes a double door and a large double opening window with a choice of Georgian or contemporary plain glazing. Options include additional windows and floor and roof insulation. You can choose the standard design with a door and window in the side wall or you can position the door and window anywhere at the same price. These substantial log cabins feature superb quality joinery doors and windows and a choice of 28mm or 45mm thick wall logs. Internal skirting boards and an aluminium door threshold are also included. Factory finished preservative treatment is available as an option. Detailed instructions are supplied for DIY self assembly. We offer fitting as a low cost option in many areas.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 24th July.
- Individually made to order. If you choose a non standard door and window position we will contact you before your order is processed to confirm your requirements.
- Doors and window glazed with glass (no plastic, acrylic, styrene or perspex)
- Premium double glazed doors and windows with rubber weatherstrips to reduce draughts
- Doors and windows are joinery made with fully profiled timbers and morticed and tenoned joints throughout
- Optional Georgian glazing beads, which can be removed or left out if you prefer contemporary plain glazing
- Double hinged doors, fully glazed with high security mortice lock and lever handles
- Double doors 4'0" wide x 6'4" high (1210mm x 1935mm)
- Durable aluminium door threshold
- Chrome plated door and window handles
- 1 double opening window
- Window size 4'0" wide x 3'9" high (1210mm x 1140mm)
- All timber used in the construction of this log cabin originates from sustainable forests
- As with most log cabins, the roof is supplied unassembled with the rafters and roof boards cut to size
- These log cabins are untreated as standard
- Foundation beams ex 3"x2" (70mm x 45mm) pressure treated (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Substantial 19mm thick tongued and grooved timber floor boards (finished size after machining)
- Floor joists ex 3" x 2" (70mm x 45mm) pressure treated (lifetime preservative treatment)
- Internal skirting boards
- Strong 19mm thick tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Decorative mineral felt tiles in a choice of colours included as standard
- Weatherproof L-shaped double fascia boards
- Eaves height approximately 7'3" (2.21m)
- Ridge height varies according to depth of cabin
- Ridge height approximately 8'8" (2.63m) on 6'7" (2.0m) deep cabins
- Ridge height approximately 8'11" (2.72m) on 8'2" (2.5m) deep cabins
- Ridge height approximately 9'3" (2.81m) on 9'10" (3.0m) deep cabins
- Ridge height approximately 9'7" (2.91m) on 11'6" (3.5m) deep cabins
- Ridge height approximately 9'10" (3.00m) on 13'1" (4.0m) deep cabins
- External roof overhang approximately 12" to all sides (300mm)
- External cabin sizes do not include the interlocking log corners
- This building is easy to deliver if access is restricted - all sections will pass through a normal single door
JOINERY DOORS & WINDOWS: These log cabins feature joinery made door leaves and window sashes with morticed and tenoned joints throughout. This traditional jointing process is commonly used in the housebuilding industry when timber windows and doors are specified. A rebate or mortice is cut out in one piece of wood which precisely matches a tongue or tenon cut in the other piece of wood. Morticed and tenoned joints are the strongest type of joint used in the construction of wooden windows and doors. High quality handles, locks and hinges are also included.
HIGH PERFORMANCE DOORS AND WINDOWS WITH WEATHERSTRIPS: Our high performance premium window and door frames feature weatherstrips to reduce draughts. Weatherstrips are rubber gaskets which are fitted to the door and window frames. The weatherstrips are fitted in the rebates between the fixed outer frames and the hinged parts i.e. the window sashes and door leaves. As the doors and windows are closed the weatherstrips are compressed to form a seal. Heat loss is significantly lower through windows and doors which are fitted with weatherstrips.
DOUBLE GLAZING: Our double glazed doors and windows ensure that your log cabin is warmer and cheaper to heat. We recommend double glazing if you want to use your cabin all year round. Double glazing also provides additional sound insulation. If you expect to use your cabin frequently and often for prolonged periods we also recommend floor and roof insulation. Insulation ensures a more comfortable environment on the hottest days in the summer and the coldest days in winter.
LOW LEVEL GLAZING: Low level glazing provides a panoramic view from inside your garden room so you can appreciate your garden fully. With low level glazing you can enjoy a better view of the garden, especially at sites where the garden slopes away.
HEAVY DUTY TONGUED AND GROOVED FLOOR: This cabin includes a heavy duty timber floor with tongued and grooved floor boards and substantial floor joists. Skirting boards are also included to ensure a neat internal finish. The floor joists and tongued and grooved boards are supplied loose for fast assembly on site. Unlike many log cabin floor kits, all timber is cut to size which saves time during installation. It also ensures that there are no visible joins in the finished floor. The floor is assembled quickly with no visible joints. With some cheaper cabins the boards must be cut to fit on site. This takes much longer and many of the joins are visible afterwards.
PRESSURE TREATED FOUNDATION BEAMS: Substantial foundation beams are laid on the base to support the walls. This ensures that the wall logs are not in contact with the ground. The foundation beams are pressure treated for durability. Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently fixed in the wood. Tanalith E is the most popular preservative used so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. With the foundation beams this log cabin can be built without a floor. If required a timber or concrete floor can be laid inside after the walls and roof have been fitted.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the depth and the second dimension is the width. The depth refers to the angled gable walls to each side. The width refers to the front and rear walls including the door wall. The sizes listed are external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many others quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Choice of 28mm or 45mm thick tongued and grooved wall logs
- Choice of the standard design or with the door and window positioned anywhere at the same price. The standard design features a side door and window with the door to the left or right.
- Choice of felt tile colours
- A choice of Georgian or contemporary plain glazing at the same price - this does not need to be specified when ordering
- Additional opening windows
- Additional doors
- Factory finished translucent wood stain treatment in a choice of one colour or two colours with the doors and windows being painted a different colour to the wall logs and roof
- Pressure treated timber in a brown finish and with a choice of unpainted or factory finished doors and windows
- Microporous preservatives delivered only
- Recycled plastic base kits
- Floor insulation
- Roof insulation
TRANSLUCENT WOOD STAIN TREATMENT - FACTORY FINISHED: This high quality preservative finish is professionally spray applied in the factory to both sides of the timber. The cabin is treated inside and out in a choice of colours. You can choose one or two of our colours. The doors and windows can be sprayed the same colour as the wall logs and roof or painted a different colour. Treatment of the roof includes the rafters and boards. Microporous woodstains offer superior protection plus greater durability. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treated wall logs and roof timbers in a brown finish. The doors and windows can be supplied unpainted or factory finished with a semi opaque microporous paint treatment. Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently fixed in the wood. Tanalith E is the most popular preservative used so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated or tanalised wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
OPTIONAL GEORGIAN OR CONTEMPORARY GLAZING: The Georgian style glazing beads are purely decorative and entirely optional. You can fit them if you prefer Georgian glazing or you can leave them out if you prefer a contemporary glazing style with large panes of glass. You can also add or remove the Georgian glazing beads at any time, even months or years after the original installation. For this reason there is no need to state your preference when you order.
UNDERFLOOR INSULATION: The underfloor insulation is designed to suit our timber floor. The rigid insulation boards are suspended between the floor joists and above the ground. The top face of the insulation is just below the floorboards. The solidity of the floor is unaffected by this design. The internal appearance is also unchanged with attractive and durable tongued and grooved boards. Sufficient fixings are supplied to ensure that the insulation is suspended at the optimum height. Detailed instructions are supplied. The floor insulation used is 50mm thick polystyrene which is certified by the British Board of Agrement.
ROOF INSULATION: The roof insulation is laid over the roof boards and below the roofing felt. This ensures that the internal appearance is unchanged with attractive tongued and grooved boards visible inside. No internal lining boards are required. The roof insulation kit includes rigid foam boards which are lightweight and easy to install. Longer felt nails are included for fixing the roofing felt or felt tiles through the insulation. Timber battens are also included to retain the insulation boards and to conceal the exposed edges. Detailed instructions are supplied. The roof insulation is 50mm thick polyurethane foam with reflective silver alloy laminate facings on both sides. It is certified by the British Board of Agrement.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Designed to spread weight and quickly clipped together, each paver is 500mm x 500mm. These durable and eco friendly plastic pavers are made from 100% recycled polypropylene. Lightweight and easy to install, the finished base will outlast any log cabin. Extensive preparation is not normally required - just level the soil and lay the pavers directly on the soil. No sand or shingle is required. Weed membranes are not needed below timber floors. Unlike paving or concrete these bases are self draining and fully relocatable. Our standard pavers support 150 tonnes per square metre. They are suitable for any normal use and they can be laid on a soil or shingle sub-base. Our heavier duty pavers support 350 tonnes per square metre. They can be laid on any flat surface including concrete. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location the pavers can be easily cut to size with no loss of structural integrity. These heavy duty pavers are only available when you purchase a Summer garden building. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
SOLAR POWERED LIGHTS: These ingenious and affordable solar powered lights are easy to install with no mains wiring and they cost nothing to run. During the day the externally mounted solar panel converts daylight into electricity and recharges the batteries. The solar panel is weatherproof and suitable for outside use. It is normally positioned high on the walls of your log cabin or on the roof. Our solar internal lights solve the problem of seeing inside your log cabin at night. Our solar security lights illuminate the approach to your log cabin at night and may also deter burglars. After dusk the passive infra red movement detector switches itself on when it detects movement. The more expensive solar lights are brighter and stay on for longer.
- Delivery is normally between 5 and 7 weeks after order.
- Pressure treated buildings may be a week or two longer.
FREE CRANE OFFLOAD: The delivery lorry normally includes a crane to unload your log cabin quickly and easily without assistance. There is normally one pack which is unloaded on the drive or verge at the front of your property. Pack sizes vary from around 3.5m long for a small cabin to 5.5m long for a larger cabin. The packs are polythene wrapped and securely strapped while in transit but after the pack is opened the individual components are easy to carry. The wall logs can be carried one or two at a time and all packages are designed to pass through a normal single door.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: The delivery vehicle is a large lorry, typically around 50' or 15m long and 9' or 2.7m wide, which is unloaded from the side. If there is no suitable unloading area at your property the driver can park several hundred yards away and carry the cabin with the forklift. The fork lift can carry the cabin sideways or end on so it can carry a long pack up a narrow lane. Although the tyres are all terrain the fork lift requires a firm and flat route from the parking area to your property with no steps or steep slopes. With advance warning we can normally overcome most access restrictions, often at no extra cost. Please contact us if you have any concerns regarding the access at your site.
DELIVERY TO SCOTLAND: Although southern Scotland is inside our normal delivery area we can also deliver to other parts of Scotland. The delivery period may be a week or two longer and there may be additional delivery costs. Please phone 01603 721590 for further details.
- All log cabin prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this log cabin by phone or online.
- Low cost installation is available in most areas
- Low fixed rates
- Payment on completion