Click this messge to hide it.
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- Scandinavian redwood or whitewood
- All timber treated by total immersion in a high quality spirit based preservative
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows - if cedar cladding is specified the joinery doors and windows will also be made from cedar
- Double glazed doors and windows
- Toughened glass to BS6206 Class A as standard
- The standard designs include a single door and non opening windows in the front wall
- 8' wide summerhouses include 1 non opening front window
- 10', 12' and 14' wide summerhouses include 2 non opening front windows
- All other summerhouses include 3 non opening front windows
- All summerhouses include 1 window with top hinged opening fanlight window in each side wall
- All summerhouses include a single door 6' high x 2'6" wide (1835mm x 760mm)
- Doors supplied with fitted mortice lock
- Strong 58mm x 33mm planed deal framework (finished sizes after machining)
- Pressure treated 45mm thick floor joints (lifetime preservative treatment)
- 13mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Black, green or red mineral felted roof
- Front roof projection approximately 14" (355mm)
- Internal eaves height at the lowest point inside 6'3" (1910mm)
- Height at the rear approximately 6'10" (2060mm)
- External height at the front on 6' deep summerhouses 7'5" (2260mm)
- External height at the front on 8' deep summerhouses 7'5" (2260mm)
- External height at the front on 10' deep summerhouses 7'6" (2280mm)
SCANDINAVIAN REDWOOD OR WHITEWOOD: The most widely used timber in the UK for years, Scandinavian Redwood and Whitewood grow in the well managed forests of Scandinavia and the coldest parts of Northern Europe. The cold climate ensures slow growth. The growth rings are much closer together than faster growing trees from warmer climates. As a result the timber is heavy and durable with a close grain pattern. The wood is seasoned and kiln dried to achieve the correct moisture content before it is machined. Redwood and Whitewood are so similar in appearance and performance that it is difficult to tell the difference. Both are classified as slightly durable and treatment is required for outside use. The forests of Scandinavia and Northern Europe have been responsibly managed on a sustainable basis for centuries so Scandinavian Redwood or Whitewood is an enviromentally friendly choice.
THE MALVERN COLLECTION: Over many years Malvern have built up a well earned reputation for quality. A feature of Malvern summerhouses is the heavy duty doors, which are joinery made with morticed and tenoned joints. A good quality mortice lock and heavy duty handles and hinges are also included. The windows are well made with joinery opening windows featuring morticed and tenoned joints. The glazing is real glass retained with glazing beads. Another feature of Malvern summerhouses is the substantial framing which ensures a stronger building. All timber is planed smooth with interlocking tongued and grooved boards throughout.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
SIZES - DEPTH AND WIDTH: The sizes are listed alongside the price. The first dimension listed is the depth and the second dimension is the width. The depth refers to the sloping wall. The sizes listed are the external wall sizes. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Choice of standard door and window layouts or made to your individual requirements
- Choice of 13mm deal shiplap, 19mm deal shiplap, 19mm pressure treated deal shiplap, 23mm feather board, 23mm pressure treated feather board or 12mm Western Red Cedar shiplap (finished sizes after machining)
- Coloured external paint finish in a choice of colours
- Internal lining and insulation to the walls and ceiling, with a choice of tongued and grooved matchboard lining or painted MDF lining
- Heavy duty floor with 19mm thick tongued and grooved boards (finished size after machining)
- Double doors in lieu of single door
- Upgrade to opening front windows in lieu of non opening front windows
- Additional doors and windows
- These summerhouses can be supplied with less windows at the same price if requested
- Choice of black antique, brass effect or chrome plated door and window handles
- Tinted glass
- Internal partitions
- Choice of black, green or red mineral felted roof
- One piece EPDM rubber roof membrane, a tough roof surface which is virtually maintenance free
- PVCu guttering with downpipe to rear of shed in a choice of black, brown or white
- Pressure treated 2" x 2" floor bearers (lifetime preservative treatment)
- 7mm thick hardwearing laminate floor in a choice of attractive finishes
- This summerhouse can be made in smaller sections if access restricted
- A choice of composite decking kits
OPTIONAL SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our optional in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality summerhouse. This is because any building with in house installation available is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your summerhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
MADE TO MEASURE: These summerhouses can be individually designed to suit your exact needs at little or no extra cost. Additional doors, additional windows and internal partitions are standard options. The price normally increases only if the number of doors or windows is increased. To see our standard door and window layouts look at DESIGN OPTIONS elsewhere within this product description. If none of the standard designs are suitable just contact us. You can send a sketch of your design by e-mail, fax or post.
PRESSURE TREATED TIMBER: Pressure treatment is a lifetime preservative treatment. The preservative is forced deep into the timber under pressure in a vacuum and penetrates below the surface. All other treatments apply a coat of stain to the surface of the timber only. With pressure impregnated timber, the chemicals are permanently bonded to the cell structure of the wood at a molecular level. Tanalith E is a widely used water based version so pressure treated wood is often described as tanalised. Pressure treated wood is almost colourless except for a slight green tint caused by the copper content in the preservative. No further preservative treatment is ever needed. However, if you want a coloured finish you can paint over pressure treated or tanalised wood with normal wood preservative in any colour.
WESTERN RED CEDAR: Western Red Cedar is a naturally resilient timber which lasts longer than pine and other softwoods, even if never treated from new. It has been widely used in construction for over a century. During this time cedar has deservedly earned an unrivalled reputation for its attractive appearance and extraordinary durability. It is the ideal choice for people who are too busy to maintain their garden building. This oily timber has a strong but pleasant aroma which repells insects. Cedar contains hardly any knots. If untreated it will fade to a silvery grey colour. Western Red Cedar is a sustainable resource from the well managed forests of North America.
COLOURED EXTERNAL PAINT TREATMENT: A high quality microporous paint system is available in a choice of opaque colours. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Microporous woodstains offer superior absorption and protection plus greater durability. The shiplap boards are treated with one coat prior to manufacture to prevent any shrinkage marks. Two further coats are applied after manufacturing. All window and door frames are treated with base coat prior to manufacturing. The appearance of colours and shades may vary between different screens or devices. Although our opaque preservative finish largely obscures the surface of the wood, the grain and other natural features may still be discernible through variations in colour and texture.
ONE PIECE EPDM ROOF: A tough EPDM rubber membrane is made in one piece to the size of your roof with no joins. It is easily fitted within a few minutes at normal temperatures with no heat required. EPDM rubber is completely inert, UV stable and not affected by extreme temperatures. It never perishes and it will not rot, split, crack or degrade. EPDM rubber lasts for years with little or no maintenance. It has been widely used in flat roofing for over 40 years from Alaska to the Middle East. It is increasingly popular in the UK where it is widely used for re-roofing flat roof garages and extensions. Even in extreme weather conditions EPDM rubber remains flexible and it will stretch to absorb any movement as a timber roof expands and contracts with the seasons.
FLOOR BEARERS: Bearers are substantial pressure treated beams under the floor, which will prolong the life of your summerhouse. The bearers are the only part of the summerhouse which is in contact with the ground and they are pressure treated for longer life. The bearers also raise the floor above the ground. This allows air to circulate under the floor to reduce dampness and also reduces saturation of the lower cladding boards.
RECYCLED PLASTIC BASE KITS: Our durable eco-grid and eco-paving base kits are a practical and affordable alternative to slabs or concrete. Lightweight and easy to install within a few minutes, these recycled polypropylene pavers simply click together with no fixings needed. The interlocking design helps to spread weight and ensures greater rigidity. Weed membranes are not needed below a timber floor. The self draining design prolongs the life of a timber floor. Unlike paving or concrete our plastic bases are fully relocatable. The base is normally at least 2" or 50mm larger than your building. Where space permits the base is normally laid full size but if required in a tight location our plastic pavers can be cut. Fast delivery within 3-5 days ensures that you can start work quickly.
ECO-GRID BASE KITS: Eco-grids are recommended if the sub-base is soil, sand or pea shingle but not on hard surfaces such as concrete, because the underside is not flat. Integral pegs on the underside help to level the base grids more easily in soil or sand or shingle. Our eco-grid plastic bases can support up to 200 tonnes per square metre. We offer exactly the same eco-grids as driveways and carparks. Gravel or shingle infill is not required below a timber floor. Whatever you store in your building, our eco-grids will support the weight easily. Each eco-grid is 472mm x 472mm and 40mm thick with an immensely strong 60x60mm hexagonal cell structure. Extensive preparation is not normally required - just level the soil and lay the pavers directly on soil or on a thin layer of sand or pea shingle. Any exposed edges around the base can be left unfilled or filled with gravel or shingle.
ECO-PAVING BASE KITS: Eco-paving is recommended if the sub-base is a hard surface such as concrete or paving slabs, because the pavers feature a flat and level underside. Our eco-paving is less brittle than concrete paving slabs, with a strong supporting structure. The surface looks and feels similar to pressed concrete slabs, with a slightly textured finish. Each eco-paver is 385mm x 385mm and 40mm thick. The pavers are quickly and easily easily laid over an existing hard surface.
WPC COMPOSITE DECKING KITS: This superb quality WPC wood plastic composite decking closely resembles real wood, with the same look and feel. However, it is virtually maintenance free and it will never rot. At a glance it is difficult to tell the difference between this composite material and real timber decking with a stained finish. Furthermore, the similarities are not skin deep like a thin veneer. The realistic finish has a fibrous surface which looks similar to the grain of real wood. This synthetic composite is also heavier and stronger than real wood. The strength, durability and lack of maintenance make this superb decking a popular choice with pensioners and discerning commercial buyers such as care homes. Occasional cleaning with soapy water normally restores the original appearance. If any dirt or stains become ingrained after prolonged neglect even the most stubborn marks can be cleaned with a pressure washer.
Our WPC composite decking is a revolutionary material which provides all the benefits of real wood without the maintenance. It can be left outside uncovered all year round. Unlike real wood this synthetic wood is a weatherproof material with no knots, splinters, machining marks or other imperfections. It will never develop splits or shakes and no sap will ever ooze out of it. Our wood plastic composite is an equal mixture of real wood and recycled plastic. Even the wood is a mixture of sawdust and unusable offcuts, so it is the ultimate environmentally friendly alternative to wood. The colour pigments are mixed in before the powdered composite is moulded into shape, so the colour runs all the way through the finished product. The boards are completely impervious to water. The boards can be sawn, drilled and screwed, just like real wood. You can fix it with standard woodscrews. Being heavier and denser than real wood, screw fixings are actually stronger in composite boards.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A feature of these quality summerhouses is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your summerhouse can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is no charge for this option but notice is required with the order. If you order online you can add the "made to pass through a doorway" option to your basket.
- Delivery to England and Wales is normally between 4 and 5 weeks after order for unpainted summerhouses.
- Delivery to England and Wales is normally between 7 and 8 weeks after order for painted finish summerhouses.
- Delivery to Scotland is normally between 1 and 2 weeks longer.
- Our summerhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These high quality summerhouses are normally delivered by specialist trained staff in dedicated vehicles. The benefits of a specialist delivery service include less damage, larger panels, heavier construction and helpful drivers who will carry your summerhouse to your chosen storage place.
- All prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this summerhouse by phone or online.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Debit and MasterCard Debit. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque please email us.
- We offer installation by specialist trained staff as an option.
OPTIONAL INSTALLATION: If installation is ordered your summerhouse will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you. These buildings are designed to be professionally installed so more care is taken in the factory to speed up installation and minimize problems on site. The result is better quality buildings which are easy to fit and longer lasting.
SIMPLE DIY ASSEMBLY: Because these high quality summerhouses are designed to be professionally installed they are also easier to fit yourself. Features of these buildings include careful construction with high quality components, larger panel sizes and fewer problems.