20 Aug, 2019 08:05:06
Bay Fronted Hipped Summerhouse 117 - Six Sided
These superb quality high specification summerhouses are 8'x6' (2.4mx1.8m), 8'x8' (2.4mx2.4m), 10'x6' (3.0mx1.8m) or 10'x8' (3.0mx1.8m). The six sided irregular shape features a decorative bay front but maximizes space to the rear. The ridge height can be reduced to under 2.5 metres high to avoid planning restrictions. Features include a hipped roof and a choice of deal or cedar cladding. Quality features include large pane Georgian glazing, double hinged doors and 2 opening windows. Options include toughened glass and a coloured paint treatment in a choice of colours. Instructions are supplied for self assembly. We offer fitting as a low cost option in many areas.
Prices fixed until Wednesday 21st August.
The prices INCLUDE DELIVERY. Unlike others we do not add delivery charges at the checkout. Everything you need for assembly is supplied including instructions, fixings and all glazing and roofing materials. INSTALLATION is also available as a low cost option in most areas.
|Size||Deal Shiplap||Thicker Deal Shiplap||Cedar||Coloured paint finish in place of golden brown||Coloured paint finish in two colours||Decorative mineral felt tiles||Cedar slatted roof||Cedar shingle roof||Toughened glass||19mm Heavy duty floor instead of standard floor||Wall, floor & roof insulation with lining||Installation of summerhouse with standard felt roof||Installation with felt tiles, cedar slatted roof or cedar shingle roof||Eco-grid base, 150 tonnes per m2, fully paved||Eco-paving base, 200 tonnes per m2, fully paved|
|8' x 6'|
|8' x 8'|
|10' x 6'|
|10' x 8'|
- All timber used in the construction of this summerhouse originates from sustainable forests
- All timber treated by total immersion in a high quality preservative
- Morticed and tenoned joinery doors and windows - if cedar cladding is specified the joinery doors and windows will also be made from cedar
- All doors and windows include large pane Georgian style glazing
- All summerhouses include 2 full height opening windows
- Fully glazed double doors with mortice lock fitted
- Toughened glass as standard to lower panes
- Black antique style hinges and handles
- Pressure treated 2" x 2" floor joists (lifetime preservative treatment). Bearers not required
- Strong 2" thick planed deal framework (45mm x 33mm finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved floor boards (finished size after machining)
- 12mm deal tongued and grooved roof boards (finished size after machining)
- Ornate finials
- Green mineral felted roof
- Eaves height 6'7" (2011mm)
- 8'x6' standard ridge height 8'7" or 2611mm (low ridge height 7'10" or 2386mm available at the same price)
- 8'x8' standard ridge height 9'7" or 2916mm (low ridge height 8'2" or 2500mm available at the same price)
- 10'x6' standard ridge height 8'7" or 2611mm (low ridge height 7'10" or 2386mm available at the same price)
- 10'x8' standard ridge height 9'7" or 2916mm (low ridge height 8'2" or 2500mm available at the same price)
GOOD QUALITY CONSTRUCTION: A feature of these summerhouses is the doors, which have a mortice lock and come with black antique handles and hinges included as standard. The windows are also well made with joinery opening windows featuring morticed and tenoned joints. The glazing is glass retained with timber beading. Another feature is the substantial framing which ensures a more robust and durable building.
CORNER BUILDING SIZES: For ease of reference these corner summerhouses are measured as a rectangle based on the width of the two longest walls. The first dimension listed is the depth which is the shorter dimension. The second dimension is the length which is parallel to the ridge. The external wall sizes are listed alongside the price. These sizes do not include the roof overhang. Many other suppliers quote the overall roof size which is much larger.
- Installation (in most postcode areas)
- Choice of 12mm deal shiplap, 19mm deal shiplap or 12mm Western Red Cedar shiplap (finished sizes after machining)
- Coloured external paint finish in a choice of one or two colours
- Choice of standard ridge height or low ridge height to avoid planning restrictions (under 2.5 metres high)
- Decorative mineral felt tiles in a choice of colours
- Attractive and durable smooth planed cedar slatted roof on top of a felted solid pine inner roof
- Genuine traditionally made cedar shingle roof with individual Western Red cedar shingles
- 4mm toughened glass to BS6206 Class A
- Heavy duty floor with 19mm thick tongued and grooved boards (finished size after machining)
- Internal lining and insulation to the walls, floor and roof, with polystyrene insulation and plain MDF lining
- This summerhouse can be made in smaller sections if access restricted
OPTIONAL SAME DAY INSTALLATION - THE BENEFITS: Our optional in house installation service is not just convenient, it is also your assurance of a better quality summerhouse. This is because any building with in house installation available is invariably better made using quality components. Over time regular feedback from fitters ensures that design faults and weaknesses have been rectified. Same day installation is convenient for you and cost effective because it saves travelling costs. The fitters will deliver your summerhouse and then install it, all at the same time. Others send sub-contract fitters separately, often from far away and often a week or two after the delivery. Waiting for the fitter can be very frustrating. Sub-contract fitting is also much more expensive because of the travelling costs. The fitting service does not include base preparation. A flat and level base is required, which can be made using concrete, paving slabs, pressure treated timber or plastic. In many areas we offer a base laying service as an option. We also offer heavy duty plastic base kits in all areas.
COLOURED EXTERNAL PAINT FINISH: You can choose one or two of our paint colours. The doors and windows can be painted the same colour as the external cladding or a different colour. This high quality microporous paint system is available in a choice of colours. Microporous woodstains offer superior protection plus greater durability. Microporous woodstains are impervious to water but not to water vapour, which allows the wood to breathe. Colours are only as accurate as reproductive techniques allow.
WESTERN RED CEDAR: Western Red Cedar is a naturally resilient timber which lasts longer than pine and other softwoods, even if never treated from new. It has been widely used in construction for over a century. During this time cedar has deservedly earned an unrivalled reputation for its attractive appearance and extraordinary durability. It is the ideal choice for people who are too busy to maintain their garden building. This oily timber has a strong but pleasant aroma which repells insects. Cedar contains hardly any knots. If untreated it will fade to a silvery grey colour. Western Red Cedar is a sustainable resource from the well managed forests of North America.
DECORATIVE FELT TILES: Mineral coated bitumen felt tiles are an attractive and durable roofing material which is far more hardwearing than standard roofing felt. Traditionally used for small buildings only in the UK, felt tiles are used much more in Scandinavia and North America where they are used widely in general housebuilding. The sophisticated design features a strip of almost dry bitumen adhesive. This ensures that every tile is stuck to the tile below within a few days for improved waterproofing and windproofing. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture. Mineral felt tiles are made using asphalt with a bitumen binder and an external covering of durable and attractive natural stone chips. Mineral felt tiles are often described as felt shingles because the design resembles traditional cedar shingles.
CEDAR SLATTED ROOF: This attractive and durable cedar slatted roof is fitted on top of a felted solid pine inner roof. Cedar slatted roofs are manufactured using smooth planed Western Red cedar boards. The planed smooth finish ensures that rainwater drains away faster and the timber dries quickly, which ensures a longer life for your summerhouse.
CEDAR ROOF SHINGLES: Attractive and durable, cedar shingles make the ideal roof for high specification summerhouses. These genuine cedar roof shingles are traditionally made from Western Red Cedar. The individual cedar shingles are laid over a felted solid pine inner roof. Each individual cedar tile is a known as a shingle. Cedar shingles have long been a popular roofing material for domestic and public buildings in large parts of North America where cedar shingles have a reputation for warmth and longevity. Cedar has an unrivalled reputation for durability and cedar shingles often last for many decades. We use only the highest grade of shingles which are 100% heartwood, 100% free from defects and 100% edge grain. Heartwood edge grain is the densest possible cut which ensures maximum durability. All fixings are covered by the next row of felt tiles, partly to ensure a neat appearance with concealed fixings but mainly to protect the fixing holes from any possible moisture.
TOUGHENED SAFETY GLASS: Toughened safety glass is around 6 times stronger than normal glass so it is less likely to break. When it does break, toughened glass breaks into harmless small pieces. This makes toughened glass the best option for all the family including children, pets and the elderly.
HEAVY DUTY FLOOR: The standard floor is stronger than most summerhouse floors and suitable for all normal uses. It features 12mm thick tongued and grooved boards. The heavy duty floor features 19mm thick tongued and grooved boarding, which is similar to the tongued and grooved boarding used in housebuilding. It also features joists which are spaced close together for improved strength. The heavy duty floor is exceptionally strong and suitable for storing heavier items such as ride on mowers and large motorbikes where a considerable weight may be concentrated on one or two small points.
RESTRICTED ACCESS: A quality feature of these summerhouses is that they are made in large rigid panels. If access is restricted, your summerhouse can be specially made in smaller sections designed to pass through a normal single door. The smaller sections are designed to be at least as strong as the larger panels normally supplied. There is no charge for this option but notice is required with the order.
- Delivery is normally between 5 and 7 weeks after order.
- Our summerhouse prices include all delivery charges - unlike others we do not add delivery charges during the checkout process.
SPECIALIST DELIVERY SERVICE: These summerhouses are normally delivered by specialist trained staff in dedicated vehicles. Most other summerhouses are delivered by national carriers who normally deliver to the kerbside only and their prices are based on weight and pack sizes. National carriers normally refuse to carry glass and generally cause more damage. As a result summerhouses delivered by outside carriers are normally made in smaller sections and weigh less, with thinner cladding and framing, styrene glazing less than 2mm thick and OSB floor and roof boards just 7mm thick. The benefits of a specialist delivery service include less damage, larger panels, heavier construction and helpful drivers who will carry your summerhouse to your chosen storage place.
- All summerhouse prices include VAT.
- Pay only 30% deposit when you order this summerhouse by phone or online.
ORDER BY PHONE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. To order phone us on 01603 721590 seven days a week. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
ORDER ONLINE: You can pay with a debit or credit card. We also accept password protected online payments using Verified by VISA or Mastercard SecureCode. You can pay in full or pay a deposit only. You can pay a minimum 30% deposit with order or pay a bigger deposit if you prefer.
METHODS OF PAYMENT: We accept most major credit cards and debit cards including VISA, MasterCard, VISA Delta, VISA Debit, MasterCard Debit, Electron, Solo, Switch, Maestro and UK Maestro. We also accept secure online payments using Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode. We do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards at present.
SCHOOLS, COUNCILS AND BUSINESSES: We supply many schools, local councils and businesses both large and small. The prices and terms are the same so you can order online if you wish. If you want to pay by BACS transfer or company cheque you will need to order by phone.
- Installation by specialist trained staff is available as an option in most postcode areas.
- If installation is available in your local area the prices are displayed alongside the summerhouse prices.
OPTIONAL INSTALLATION: If installation is ordered your summerhouse will be delivered and installed on the same day by prior appointment with you. These summerhouses are designed to be professionally installed so more care is taken in the factory to speed up installation and minimize problems on site. The result is better quality summerhouses which are easy to fit and longer lasting.
SIMPLE DIY ASSEMBLY: Because these summerhouses are designed to be professionally installed they are also easier to fit yourself. Features of these summerhouses include careful construction with high quality components, larger panel sizes and fewer problems.
SPECIAL OFFER . . . FREE TOUGHENED GLASS . . . ONLY UNTIL WEDNESDAY 21st AUGUST!
- We are giving away free toughened glass with this summerhouse!
- This offer ends on Wednesday 21st August so ORDER NOW to avoid disappointment!
Features and Accessories
Summerhouse base preparation and other information
Decorative felt tiles
Close up view of cladding
Cedar shingle roof
Cedar slatted roof
Solar powered inside lights - no running costs
Solar powered outside lights with motion sensors - no running costs
Solar powered string lights
Hanging baskets and planters
Window and door colours
Paint finish - Full colour chart
Paint colours - large pictures